Modern Digital Marketing tactics and trends narrate a story. Whether it is a story about customer service or price, or a more human tale, trends in digital marketing nowadays lean heavily on storytelling. Without any second thoughts, the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns depends on your storytelling abilities. So, let us now make ourselves familiar with the term ‘Brand Story’ and understand why every other business out there needs one.
What is a Brand Story, and Why You Should Use One?
It is a matter of fact that yes – storytelling is a powerful way of breathing life into your brand, and you should consistently implement the same in your Digital Marketing Strategy. Remember, storytelling is as crucial as a concise mission statement and a high-quality brand logo.
The objective of a brand story is to give your brand a pretty colorful background and a relatable meaning. A brilliant brand story provides an artistic backdrop to the customers as and when they consider your offerings. Hence, it would be wise enough to admit the fact that by creating and promoting a brilliant brand story, you can make your already existing and potential customers love your brand in the long run.
There are a few aspects as follows, which every marketer must keep in mind.
- A narrative automatically builds around every brand, which may be with or without the brand owner’s interference.
- A brand story can either have a positive influence or a negative one, and its connotations can survive for a pretty long time.
- By giving your offerings an identity, capturing moments, and sharing engaging stories, you can make a memorable journey for your target audience.
- If you want your already existing and potential customers to have a personal connection with your brand, then you must come up with authentic, inspirational, and creative stories at all times.
What makes a Brand Story Brilliant?
A brand story doesn’t need to be accurately factual. An ideal brand story shall:
- Motivate everyone – be it a person inside your organization or outside it
- Clearly illustrate what exactly your brand stands for
- Focus on a compelling introduction, a crisis, and a resolution
- Be relatable to your target audience in most of the aspects
- Help your company or organization identify the ideal customer
It is equally imperative to keep aside the excess marketing noise that doesn’t belong to your brand story. A few things that you must avoid are as follows:
- The number of years since your business has been operating
- The internal sales goals
- The sales pitch mechanism
- The price related information or value comparisons
- The product advertisements and marketing campaigns
Important Considerations and Tips
Before crafting a brand story, there is first a need to understand the type of customers who are the best fit for your business. You must embrace a unique approach, which includes everything ranging from creating useful content to enhancing brand awareness. What you can proactively do is bring together modern digital marketing strategies and tactics to drive measurable business growth by paying due attention to your bottom line. While focusing on running your business, you also need to focus on growing your business; however, you need to make a point of a few things, which are as follows:
- Avoid wasting resources, time, and effort on the wrong set of audience and instead focus on your ideal target audience.
- Make a long term emotional connection with your already existing and potential customers.
- Put in sincere efforts for making your customers love your brand and its offerings. Remember, while considering the value of your band’s offerings, your target audience shall look way beyond the pricing.
A meaningful and engaging brand story shall always help in making your business and its offerings stand out from your competitors in the market. It shall serve as a hub for informative and compelling content for your target audience at all times. All in all, a brilliant brand story leads to better ROI of marketing campaigns, higher conversion rates, and a loyal customer base, which shall keep coming back to your business time and again.