Search Engine Marketing refers to the process of gaining visibility and traffic from the search engines via paid search listings. In the present digital era, there are quite a few Paid Advertising platforms for brands and businesses; however, Google is undoubtedly the most widely known search engine with even more than 3.5 billion searches in a single day. When people across the globe visit Google, it implies that they are looking for something specific, which, in turn, means that they have the intent to buy a product or service.
What exactly is a Google Ads Campaign?
Google Ads is a program, which is used to place the ads on Google search results pages. It is the best platform for Pay-per-Click (PPC) Advertising. Without any second thoughts, there is no other better form of search engine marketing. With Google Ads, even small companies and startups can achieve a high ranking as it offers multiple targeting options to define who gets to see the ad of your brand or business.
The Details Lie in the Clicks Generated
Google counts the total clicks on your ads and then charges you for every click generated. It also counts the impressions, which refer to a number that tells you how often your ad has already been shown up when users searched for that particular keyword. If we divide the total number of clicks generated by the total number of impressions, we get the Click-Through Rate (CTR), which represents the percentage of users who visit your landing page or official website from the ad. It is imperative to know the CTR as it will help you significantly in understanding whether your ad is running successfully or not.
Have a Well-Defined Geographic Area
At the time of setting up your Google Ads campaign, you can consider defining where you would want your ad to appear. Undoubtedly, this particular step is of the utmost importance for a local business that has a set location. If in case you own an online shop, then you need not worry about geographic limitations as you can ship anywhere around the world. However, you can always look at your already existing customers and find out where they reside. Additionally, you can look at your buyer personas, which may help you in determining that you appeal to a target audience more on the West Coast than the East Coast. By doing the same efficiently, you will be able to save money on the ads and get the desired results.
When it comes to selecting the keywords, you need to bear in mind that you are competing against your arch competitors for the same set of the target audience. Besides, you need to think of the appropriate keywords that shall help you in reaching out to the people who are willing to buy. Remember, the more specific you are, the more you will be able to show up on the intent-based search. The three prime keyword types within Google Ads are as follows:
- Broad – It will show your ads to all the search phrases that it thinks are relevant to your keyword. It will indeed help in getting the impressions; however, it will also show the irrelevant search phrases and burn through your overall budget.
- Phrase – It will trigger the ad when the exact phrase is a part of the keyword typed into Google. It is way more flexible than the exact match.
- Exact – It informs Google to display your ad in the scenario where a user enters the exact keyword. Without any doubt, you will get the most control with the exact match; however, it will also, at the same time, limit your exposure.
Besides, you must also use negative keywords as they will help you in utilizing your ad spend on quality clicks and not trending the phrases that convey an entirely different meaning.
Content Marketing indeed has an integral role to play in creating a Google Ads campaign. It should be able to impress and convince potential customers to buy a product or avail of a service. For every campaign, you need to come up with a headline and description.
- Headline – It is split into three sections of 30 characters each, for which – you need to have a compelling and precise set of words.
- Description – The first description has a limit of 90 characters, where you can highlight the benefits of your product or service. The second description is also of 90 characters, where you can highlight the relevant features and details.
In advertising, content is king, and the same holds for Google Ads as well. You must put in sincere efforts to ensure that your spelling is on point, specifically with the keywords. Additionally, you always need to choose the relevant keywords and ensure that they fit well in your content.