Without any second thoughts, Digital Marketing is an integral part of your outreach strategy. It revolves around the online efforts, which help in keeping your business firm or organization viable, visible, relevant, and attractive. To be specific, the term digital marketing refers to a continuous effort, which leads to faithful and fruitful results. For achieving such results, it is imperative to conduct regular digital marketing audits. By doing the same, you will be able to identify the areas that are working well along with the ones that require your due attention.
Conducting a Digital Marketing Audit in the Right Way
When your business finally reaches the top of the search engines, and your overall Digital Marketing Strategy brings in quality leads, you must not commit the mistake of assuming that your business is going to remain there forever. Remember, there will always be a disruptor, be it an updated technique or a new service, to derail your progress and success story. Therefore, for staying on top at all times, it is indeed essential to conduct regular digital marketing audits. You need to remain vigilant with your overall digital marketing strategies and stay aware of the marketing metrics.
Performing an SEO Audit
When it comes to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), it is undoubtedly one of the integral principles of digital marketing. It refers to an organic or unpaid method of driving traffic to a website. Furthermore, it also governs the way a search engine, like Google, ranks you amongst your competition. Performing an SEO audit involves a combination of other audits as well, which are as follows:
- Keywords Audit – Keywords are only one of the many ways using which a search engine finds your business. If your website content doesn’t include the relevant keywords, there are fewer chances of a search engine finding you. To deal with this situation, you can make the most out of keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner and research well on the optimum keywords in your niche. However, you must make a point that using too many keywords doesn’t offer any good because search engines like Google penalize the websites that ‘stuff’ a lot of them. What you can proactively do is maintain a balance between your primary and secondary keywords and make sure that they fit naturally in your content for giving the best results.
- On-Page Optimization Audit – It revolves around identifying the issues such as duplicate content, duplicate headings, missing page titles, duplicate meta descriptions, long page load times, too many redirects, broken links, or not enough content on the page. For performing an effective on-page optimization audit, you can make the most out of tools like Google Search Console and Moz Pro Site Crawl Test.
- Off-Page Optimization Audit – An off-page optimization audit relates to your backlinks directly. It is highly advisable to strive for quality backlinks as they help significantly in increasing the authority of your business and boosting its overall ranking. Hence, you must check periodically that these links are from authoritative websites.
- Responsiveness Audit – If we consider the number of searches performed on mobile devices, we can conclude that every other website out there needs to be mobile responsive. For making sure that your visitors stay on your website for a long time, you must have a mobile-friendly website. Additionally, all the search engines prioritize mobile-friendly and responsive websites; therefore, it is in your interest only to get on the board.
Performing a Content Marketing Audit
Creating compelling content helps in engaging and entertaining your target audience to a great extent. The more is the quality of your content – the more shall be the mileage that you are going to get out of it. Therefore, for providing value to your already existing and potential customers, you need to come up with the content that they are willing to read, which further implies that you need to put in more effort into content creation.
- Define your Target Audience – Before reaching out to your target audience, you first need to define the people in it. You can begin by researching where your potential customers come from, their demographics, how they access your services, and so on.
- Create High-Quality Content – Without any doubt, high-quality content holds immense potential for positioning your business as an authority in your industry. It is more or less like your calling card, something that presents your personality and your brand’s voice as your expertise. Therefore, you should always ensure delivering valuable content either by entertaining your customers or providing helpful tips.
- Optimize your Content– It is indeed imperative to ensure that you optimize your content for both the search engines and your target audience. For doing the same, you need to create skimmable articles separated into chunks with H1, H2, and H3 headings, which make it convenient for search engines to index your content. Furthermore, you must ensure inserting relevant keywords in the headings and body content to enhance your overall search engine rankings.
Performing a Social Media Marketing Audit
In the present digital era and fast-paced society, Social Media Marketing has become a necessary tool for reaching out to your target audience. Your social media accounts portray your brand image and set the tone for your customer relationships. As per various reports, people falling in the age group of 18-34 follow a lot of brands and businesses on social media platforms. Hence, for making sure that you come across your target audience by delivering immense value, you need to conduct a social media marketing audit. For performing a successful social media marketing audit, you must:
- Maintain a presence on the major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Stay active and post relevant content regularly
- Share compelling content from your website to your official social media accounts
- Keep your profiles updated
- Take full control of your online presence