In the present highly competitive business environment, the term marketing is all about one thing, and that is, figuring out where your potential customers focus their attention and then creating compelling content accordingly. Before the digital era, there were only offline media outlets, including radio, television, and newspapers; so, it was more than enough to promote and market a brand on these platforms for getting in front of the relevant audience. However, now the situation has become way too complicated as people’s attention is split across a wide range of different digital channels. For instance – if you wish to target business executives, you might go ahead with using LinkedIn. Similarly, if you want to target the millennials, then you may use Snapchat and Instagram. Also, with Facebook’s monthly active users reaching billions, every business can see ROI coming through Facebook Ads.
Without any second thoughts, new Digital Marketing trends and tactics are popping up almost every other day. It can indeed be arduous for brands and businesses to stay on the top of the current trends, determine the best ways to use the digital channels, and master every field of digital marketing overnight. Now, that’s where hiring and collaborating with a Digital Marketing Agency can efficiently help your business. By working with a team of experts who can effectively manage the crucial aspects of your overall Digital Marketing Strategy, you can sincerely pay attention to other areas of your business. So, it’s time to make ourselves familiar with how you can evaluate a digital marketing agency and hire the best one out there.
What can digital marketing agencies do for your business?
Digital marketing agencies can help your brand and business in driving more sales and attracting your ideal customers by leveraging different marketing tactics. The Digital Marketing Services that such agencies offer usually tend to vary a lot; however, in general, you can expect to get the following ones:
- Google Ads – It is without any doubt a great way of capturing the attention of your potential customers, that too, right at the moment when they know they have some issue. It is a matter of fact that yes – people across the globe turn to Google for finding a solution to their pain points, and Google Ads effectively targets the prospects that can eventually prove to be highly profitable.
- SEO – Getting high ranks for your articles or blog posts in the search results isn’t only about enhancing brand awareness or getting more page views. There’s indeed a lot more to it as you can capture your target audience at the ideal stage, which is right when they realize they are facing an issue and require a solution.
- Facebook Advertising – With Facebook’s exclusive targeting features and massive customer base, it is undoubtedly a brilliant platform for every other business out there to experience a healthy ROI. It allows you to target your potential customers in different categories, such as by gender, location, income, education background, life events, and status update.
- Content Marketing – We all are already aware of the fact that Content Marketing is the fuel that has successfully built a lot of multi-million dollar businesses. Most of the business firms and companies believe that content marketing is all about writing a few blogs and posting them on their website. However, the ones who care about sales have realized that the concept is much more complicated. Within content marketing, digital marketing agencies offer a plethora of services, including blog post generation, SEO writing, content analysis, infographic creation, and social media promotion.
- Email Marketing – Emails still hold immense potential for generating the most ROI for digital marketers and business owners, despite the emerging social media platforms in the present era. Digital marketing agencies may offer services like list building, segmentation, engaging with your subscriber list, or autoresponder sequence optimization.
- Mobile Marketing – As per various reports, somewhere around 50% of mobile searches eventually lead to a purchase. There are a variety of services that a digital marketing agency can offer to your business corresponding to Mobile Marketing such as in-app advertising, mobile YouTube ads, and marketing campaigns to boost mobile-app installs.
- Video Marketing – Massive audience and increased engagement make Video Marketing one of the most effective ways of marketing today. Videos can target potential customers as per their online behavior, interests, location, to name a few.
There is only one prime factor at the end of the day that determines whether your business gets the sales or not, and that is – are the visitors taking the right action that you want them to take? It implies the need to have a relevant user experience form design along with other critical elements for boosting lead generation and conversions. In this specific area, digital marketing agencies can help you with CRO goal setting, conversion path analysis, collection of user data, and identification of conversion metrics.
Some digital marketing agencies do offer more specialized services than others; however, typically, they provide some variation of all the services listed above. Before picking up the most relevant digital marketing agency for your business and its needs, there is a dire need to ask yourself and potential agencies a few essential questions, which are as follows:
1. What are your business company’s digital marketing requirements?
The very first step in the process of choosing the best digital marketing agency for your business involves figuring out your company’s digital marketing requirements. You need to know what you require the most, which can be, an attractive website design, SEO techniques, Email Marketing campaigns, analytics and progress reports, and so on. Such sorts of questions shall shed some light on what you can outsource from a digital marketing agency for getting fruitful outcomes.
2. How does the digital marketing agency run its own business?
Without any second thoughts, one of the best signs of a digital marketing agency that will indicate what it can do for your business corresponds to the results it has generated for its own business. Let’s consider you are planning to hire a digital marketing agency for blog management. In such a situation, you need to assess how the agencies run their blog section. If you are thinking of hiring an agency for social media promotion, then you need to see how the agency handles its social media accounts. It is imperative to keep in mind that if a particular digital marketing agency doesn’t practice what it preaches, then it won’t offer any favorable results to your company as well.
3. What are the KPIs used by the digital marketing agency?
Most of the brands and businesses track vanity metrics, namely the numbers that may seem significant, but in reality have no correlation corresponding to generating revenue for a business. For instance – the number of likes, comments, or shares on a post is a vanity metric as it won’t always translate into sales directly. As a business owner, you would never want a digital marketing agency to charge you enormously and end up only offering likes on your posts and no boost in the sales. Therefore, it is highly advisable to make sure that a digital marketing agency uses the following metrics in its overall Marketing Strategy to measure the success and progress rate of your business:
- Total number of unique visitors
- Time spent by visitors on the website
- Bounce rate
- Cost per click
- Click-through rate
- Social interactions
4. What are the results promised by the digital marketing agency?
There are many digital marketing agencies out there that promise the world to their customers only for the sake of signing a contract with them and closing a deal. In the worst-case scenario, such agencies lack expertise, relevant skills, and often end up charging a lot of money from their customers by saying that it takes time to see the organic traffic results. Therefore, every business owner should always look forward to asking such agencies their digital marketing strategies and what sets them apart from the others in the industry.
5. What does the digital marketing agency charge?
Brands and businesses can quite conveniently filter out low-quality agencies by seeing their price range. Nowadays, business firms and companies want to save money, as a result of which, price is generally the first thing that comes to their mind; however, if you come across a digital marketing agency providing services at low costs, then there are chances it may deliver low-quality results too. There is a need for every business owner to think about the same from the agency’s perspective. If the agency has low prices, then it shall undoubtedly make lower margins on its services too. Moreover, such an agency won’t go the extra mile for your business because of minimum incentives. So, always hire agencies that charge little higher prices as they treat their clients with generosity and offer fruitful outcomes.