Irrespective of the industry you operate in, Digital Marketing is crucial for the overall success of your brand or business. So the question now is, “What are some digital marketing tips and tricks used by bigger and better-funded businesses that we can apply?” The COVID-19 pandemic pushed many brands and businesses to see the immense value in digital marketing for attracting new customers. The reason is that digital marketing helps us to know and understand what a customer wants. With so many digital marketing tools, data, software, and analytics, it has become more convenient to evaluate online customer behavior and cater well to it. It would be wise enough to admit that digital marketing has undoubtedly enabled brands and businesses to have an insight into customers’ minds. Digital marketing, when implemented appropriately, shall help your business reach out to new customers, increase sales, enhance online visibility, and experience lasting growth. It’s time to dive into a few digital marketing tips and tricks you can use today to grow your business.
1.Combine Content Marketing & SEO
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concept is certainly nothing new. For a pretty long while, SEO used to be a function of keywords and coding. Then, the search engine giant Google got smarter. Most metrics that form a part of Google’s algorithm at present deal with content and the engagement level you win through the distribution of valuable and compelling content. In this aspect, it is imperative to note that using content in different forms, such as audio, video, text, visual, infographics, etc., gives much better results than sticking to a single content type.
What you need to focus on:
- More Content– As more brands and businesses incorporate content marketing in their overall strategy, competition becomes stiff. Therefore, every brand and business needs to create and publish better and more content.
- Valuable Content– The content you create and publish needs to be informative, engaging, and empathetic. A valuable piece of content answers the search intent and encourages engagement, such as subscriptions to your email, comments, social media sharing, and other actions that contribute to ROI.
- Original Content– The content you create and publish can be in any form; however, you must ensure that it is original and freshly written. If you can’t create unique and compelling content by yourself, you can hire an expert to do that for your website and social media accounts.
- Appropriate Content – It is essential to create content that is appropriate for every stage of the conversion process. Additionally, your metrics must match your goal with each piece of content.
All in all, we can say that combining SEO and Content Marketing works something like this – if you deliver the right content at the right time, you are likely to convert visitors to buyers.
2. Build & Enhance Your Presence on Relevant Social Media Platforms
The key to success for every brand or business is being seen online, specifically in the present world where almost everyone has gone digital. It is undoubtedly one of the best ways to stand out from the crowd. Therefore, you must build and enhance your online presence on relevant social media platforms. Kindly note that there are multiple social media platforms; however, you need to identify where your customers spend most of their time online and target them there. You must select the ones relevant to your business and potential customers and create your online presence there.
3.Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly
Your content should be mobile-friendly, for which you need to make your business website accessible on desktops and mobile devices. Customers nowadays mostly use tablets and smartphones to access the web. Hence, you must put in the effort to make your website and content conveniently accessible to users on all screen sizes. Furthermore, you must update your website design using the latest trends and color schemes.
4. Use the Right Digital Marketing Tools
Digital marketing is about implementing different strategies on different channels, such as Pay-per-Click (PPC) Advertising, SEO, social media, etc. To ensure an integrated marketing mix, you need the right digital marketing tools to help you run effective campaigns. Moreover, you should also have expertise in using them and applying insights in the right context.
5. Be Amazing at Design
The design supports much of what makes digital marketing successful. Whether you design a landing page or website or create an image for your website, you need to possess brilliant design skills. Not every individual out there is an expert when it comes to design, but there are some tools to help, such as Canva and Photoshop.
- Canva– Canva is a terrific tool for designing social media images, whether you require them for your social media profile or as images to include in your social media posts. Canva’s templates help create attractive images even if you know nothing about how fonts and layouts go together. The tool keeps adding new layouts and styles to help well.
- Photoshop– Although a little expensive, Photoshop allows you to create and edit images by giving complete control over a wide array of features and functionalities. It used to be difficult to use Photoshop; however, many tutorials are now available on YouTube, and even Photoshop now includes little mini tutorials if you hover over the buttons.